10 ways to get the most out of Kidsfest Ottawa!
1. Check out the schedule and plan your day. Involve your child in the planning too.
2. Buy your tickets online in advance. This will save you money and waiting in a ticket line at the event.
3. Think about how you're getting there beforehand. Parking is $8. Consider carpooling with a friend, or using public transit. If you do park, pay at a kiosk inside the EY Centre before you leave.
4. Consider attending in the off-peak hours if your child doesn't do well in crowds. The kids are up early anyways, so you might as well head out, right? Doors open at 10 a.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.
5. Make sure your child knows where the 'lost kids' area is before checking out the exhibitors and shows. It's a smart idea to stick a piece of paper with your cell number in their pocket just in case.
6. Bring snacks and a bottle of water. High-protein snacks like almonds and cheese will give kids (and you!) a boost of energy when it's needed the most. There is food available if you need to fuel up. EY Centre will have concession stands open and will offer a variety of kid-friendly foods like mac n' cheese.
7. Don't be shy about bringing your stroller. The EY Centre is totally accessible and stroller-friendly. KIDSFEST Ottawa provides free “stroller parking” alongside a free coat rack, to store all your winter clothing.
8. There's a lot of ground to cover at KIDSFEST so make sure everyone's wearing good footwear. You want a blister-free experience! Running shoes are best.
9. For those of you with young children, a nursing station will be available in the exhibit hall.
10. Join us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest updates on shows, exhibitors, and contests.