Each year, KIDSFEST Ottawa donates funds to a local charity.
Roger Neilson House is an eight-bed home located on the grounds of the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) that provides end-of-life care for children, respite to families with gravely ill children and also grief and bereavement support to families who have lost children.
ROGER neilson HOUSE
KIDSFEST Ottawa is all about parents and children coming together in a fun-filled and educational event. But let's remember this isn't possible for all parents and children.
Roger Neilson House is a facility located on the grounds of the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO), founded by the Ottawa Senators Foundation in 2006 in memory of Hall of Fame coach Roger Neilson.
It's an eight-bed home that provides end-of-life care for children, respite to families with gravely ill children and also grief and bereavement support to families who have lost children.
Roger Neilson House has a very personal connection with the producers of KIDSFEST, whose family was supported by Roger Neilson House after the loss of their oldest son. To show their appreciation, KIDSFEST has solicited the support of great local companies, who have provided prize raffle gifts at no cost. 100% of all ticket purchases go directly to Roger Neilson House. Tickets can be purchased at KIDSFEST on March 3 & 4, 2018.
2018 raffle items include:
- Signed Ottawa Senators Jersey (Value: Priceless!)
- FunHaven - The Premium Birthday package (Value: $400)
- Pizza dinner each month for a year from Gabriel Pizza (Value: $300)
- Week-long Half Day Camp from Pedalheads Bike Camps (Value: $235)
- Passes to Escape Manor Junior (Value: $200)
- One-Day Gentle Family Rafting Trip for 2 (1 adult, 1 child) with Wilderness Tours (Value: $158)
- Little Kickers six-week trial package (Value: $133)
- Ottawa City Rafting in the heart of Ottawa! (1 adult and 1 child, value $118)
- Signed Ottawa Senators mini-stick, puck, and hat (Value: Priceless!)
A sincere thank you to all companies that have donated items, and support Roger Neilson House.