TIPS & TRICKS for exhibitors
Before the show ...
- Gear outside business to your booth through promotion (i.e. "See us at KIDSFEST Ottawa - booth #444")
- Issue a press release to the media
- Send invitations to clients and prospects
- Re-iterate goals of participating in KIDSFEST Ottawa to staff
- Confirm staff scheduling for KIDSFEST Ottawa show dates
- Consider offering a show discount or sale to increase show attendees interest in your product, service or business.
- Engage the public before the show using social media. Use Twitter hashtag #kidsfestOTT to increase awareness and broaden your reach to potential customers and create a Facebook event to broadcast what your booth and business has to offer.
- Connect with KIDSFEST Ottawa Facebook site and invite others to like the event
- Capitalizing on your presence at a consumer show is fundamental. Remember, this is a great networking opportunity, and gaining new leads and contacts is important.
- Share your marketing goals and objectives with KIDSFEST organizers, we can help!
During the show ...
- Make sure your booth is attractive with professional signs.
- In a glance, your exhibit should tell people 3 things: company name, what you do, one benefit of your product / service or company
- Invite people into your exhibit and engage them. Keep kids occupied & entertainment with fun activities like games, Lego, colour books, etc. so you can talk to their parents!
- Allow enough room in your booth for visitors to come in and enjoy, as it will heighten the experience.
- Have a contest or draw at your booth that requires the collection of customer information. This will help build up your database for future contact.
- Stay active on social media throughout the event and encourage customers to follow/like you for another avenue of continued connection with them!
- Be creative, original and have fun! It’s a great occasion to speak to your customers on a personal level, face-to-face.
After the show ...
- Follow-up on all leads in a timely manner — make sure your company is at the top of their mind!
- Stay active on social media and connect with as many customers as you can.